2001 Park Place North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203-4804
Nancy W. Ball
Nancy Williams Ball is a partner in the firm’s Birmingham office where she practices in the areas of estates and trusts, including estate planning and estate administration, taxation, real estate and corporate law. Mrs. Ball is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Birmingham, Inc. and the Alabama Planned Giving Council. Mrs. Ball is a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). Mrs. Ball serves as the Secretary of the Probate Section of the Birmingham Bar Association. Mrs. Ball was selected by the Birmingham Business Journal as a Rising Star Lawyer in 2016 and by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in 2018 and 2019. Mrs. Ball was named by Best Lawyers and Birmingham Magazine as a top attorney for her work in the area of Trust and Estates in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Mrs. Ball was designated as a Top Flight Attorney in 2018 and 2019 by B-Metro Magazine.
Mrs. Ball is a member of the Junior League of Birmingham and teaches Sunday School at her church. Mrs. Ball serves on her church’s finance committee.
Mrs. Ball is from Inverness, Mississippi and is the author of: Navigating Estate Planning Before, During and After a Marriage, 80 Ala. Law 116 (March 2019), and Constitutional Law–The Dormant Commerce Clause and the Twenty-First Amendment–Reconciling the Two Constitutional Provisions to Allow the Direct shipment of Wine 75 Mississippi Law Journal 619 (2006). Mrs. Ball regularly presents on estate planning topics.
NOTICE. Although we would like to hear from you, we cannot represent you until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Also, we cannot treat unsolicited information as confidential. Accordingly, please do not send us any information about any matter that may involve you until you receive a written statement from us that we represent you (an ‘engagement letter’).
To initiate a possible representation, call the telephone number located under the attorney’s photo. He or she will determine if any conflict exists, and, if not, put you in touch with an appropriate lawyer. When you receive an engagement letter from that lawyer, you will be our client, and we may exchange information freely.
Areas of Practice:
- Estate and Wealth Transfer Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Business Sucession Planning
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements
- Corporate and General Business Law
- Real Estate
- Tax Law
- Charitable Giving
- LL.M. (in Taxation) magna cum laude, University of Alabama,2014
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Mississippi, 2007, Mississippi Law Journal (Executive Articles Editor and Robert C. Khayat Scholarship Award for Outstanding Service and Contribution to the Mississippi Law Journal), Phi Delta Phi, Outstanding Student Awards, Academic Excellence Program Instructor
- B.S., cum laude, Birmingham-Southern College, 2004, Mortar Board, Dean’s List
Admitted to Practice:
- Alabama State Bar (2007)